Well here we are 1 year down the track. I was deep in thought as I was driving into town last night to my 5.30pm pilates class... I have been going since I was 14 weeks preggo..... last night it was bucketing with rain, it was dark, and it was freezing. It was also 2 days before I was due, 1 year ago. The weather was almost identical. Yay Dunedin.
I dont know if I shared the details of Lachlan's birth.... I wont go into depth, but heres sortof how it went:
2 weeks late and I was eating pineapple, and hot curries, Nick was massaging my feet... all did nothing- so I was gutted we'd avoided these things throughout the pregnancy!!!
We were booked in for 'INDUCTION" on the 25th at 6pm, this time suited the Ob, and the midwife as they could 'start me off' then go home for a 'good nights sleep' ready for me to be at the pushing stage by morning. Quite a wierd feeling, being 'booked in' to fit around everyone else.
So the 25th came around, and we were obviously pretty twitchy that day... so me and Nick went to see Star Wars at the movies. I sat on my raincoat as I was paranoid my waters would break while we were there- they didnt. The first scene is a woman giving birth!!!!!
We got a parking ticket.
Went home.... scurried around the house.... then went to hospital. How wierd.
Lachlan was born at 3am on the 26th... 3 hours from the first contraction to delivery.... the Ob and Midwife didnt get their 'good nights sleep', neither did we!
7lb 11oz Gorgeous wee man. He is perfect.
Its been a very hard year. The hardest year in my entire life, and Nicks. Lachlan hasnt been an easy baby by any stretch of the imagination, but he is still perfect.
He now has 2 top teeth, and 2 bottom. He is starting to walk along the couch, to the table, and holds onto your legs, but not without hands yet. He has the healthiest appetite I have ever seen (except for Nick- no surprises there), and he has the most awesome full body laugh and cheeky grin.
Happy 1st Birthday to the most gorgeous wee man in the world....
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment